What to Do at Deep Creek Lake - Fall
Imagine a backdrop of luminous colors and a spectacular sparkling lake and you get an idea of why visitors flock to Deep Creek Lake to take in the sheer beauty of the fall foliage. While you’re visiting, make plans to attend one of our festivals. The Deep Creek Lake Art & Wine Festival features wine tasting, great music, and numerous local artisans. Another must-do is The Autumn Glory Festival, a celebration of fall foliage that includes parades, craft shows, antique car shows, and much more.
Perhaps you just need a weekend to relax and unwind? Spend the morning kayaking at the Savage River Reservoir, book a massage in the afternoon, and dine out in the evening in one of our many area restaurants. Head to Wisp Resort and take a scenic charilift ride to see amazing views of the lake and mountains. You’ll FALL in love with autumn in Garrett County.
Hiking - Garrett County is known for its breathtaking scenery and what better way to take it all in than by walking/hiking throughout the area.
Swallow Falls State Park - Ask any local what the "must-see” spot in all of Garrett County is and they will all tell you the same thing, that Swallow Falls is it. The Youghiogheny River rushes through the park’s borders, flowing through the rocky gorges, and creating an exquisite site for all to see. It's home to Maryland’s highest standing waterfall, Muddy Creek Falls, which crashes down a whopping 53 ft.
ASCI - The Adventure Sports Center International provides Garrett County with many adventurous and educational programs. Among them are guided white water rafting, hiking, rock-climbing, and geo-caching tours. ASCI will guide group tours for all ages and will fit the hike/walk/climb accordingly.
Festivals & Fall Activities - Everyone loves to celebrate the fall foliage with a big festival and Garrett Countians are no different. The Autumn Glory Festival was listed as the #1 fall festival by msn.com. This 5 day gala consists of 2 large parades, antique shows, musical entertainment, storytelling, craft shows, art vendors, quilt shows, and buggy rides. Small town atmosphere with a large list of fun activities for all ages.
- Deep Creek Lake Art, Wine & Beer Festival - Located at the Garrett County fairgrounds, this festival consists of wine and craft beer tasting, musical entertainment, art vendors, children’s section, silent auction, and regional artists. Proceeds benefit local non-profits.
- Cove Run Farms Corn Maze - This 10 acre corn maze is one of the largest in the state of Maryland and the only one in Garrett County. This maze is an educational experience for all ages. Farm animals, picnic area, children’s area, and more are available for your use.
Wisp Activities - Wisp Resort offers lots of adventure for the fall season.
- Scenic Chairlift Ride - Grab the camera and prepare for some exquisite photo-ops. This relaxing ride up Wisp Mountain provides you with some breathtaking views of Deep Creek Lake and McHenry Cove.
- Mountain Coaster Ride - This coaster is a gravitational hybrid of an Alpine Sled and a roller coaster. You get the thrill of racing down the mountainside negotiating twists and turns for all kinds of thrills and yet you get to control the speed.
- Canopy Tour Challenges - The Wisp Mountain Park features three canopy tour adventures.
- Segway Tours - Take a cruise around the resort on a Segway.
- Mountain Biking - Rent a bike or bring your own, and enjoy miles of mountain trails at Wisp.
Spring In Deep Creek Summer In Deep Creek Winter In Deep Creek