Winter In Deep Creek
What to Do at Deep Creek Lake - Winter
Escape to the mountains for a real Winter Wonderland. With over 100 inches of snowfall annually, Garrett County is the perfect place for the outdoor winter enthusiast. Wisp Resort offers a bevy of fun-filled activities. Tackle the slopes for some downhill skiing or hit the snowtubing park for an action packed day. Is cross-country skiing your forte? No problem, check out one of our local vendors for rentals and trails. Enjoy hourse drawn sleigh rides with loved ones. Don’t forget to make time to visit Santa. He can be found at various locations throughout the holiday season. Wisp Resort also offers an ice skating rink, so strap on the skates and test out your skills on the ice! Visit Deep Creek Lake for a true winter oasis.
Wisp Resort Activities- Garrett County’s mountainous region is infamous for its large amount of snowfall each winter (nearly double the snowfall of Fairbanks, Alaska!!) So, if you are a fan of snowy outdoor activities than what better place to go than to Wisp’s personal playground?
- Downhill skiing/snowboarding - Boasting 34 well groomed slopess and 12 chair and surface lifts, Wisp uses powerful pumps to create snow when Mother Nature is taking a break. Slopes range in difficulty from beginner to intermediate to expert. Need some help? No problem, Wisp’s expert instructors are there to offer lessons for all ages and for all levels.
- Snow Tubing- remember how fun sled riding was when you were a kid? Experience that same thrill all over again at Wisp’s snow tubing park. With 10 operating lanes, you have the convenience of sledding without the harsh hike back up the mountain. Simply hop on a tube on one of the conveyor belts and up you go. Talk about a nostalgic thrill!
- Ice Skating- This 50’X 85’ oval rink is a great activity for all members of your party. Adding to the true ambiance of a winter wonderland, provided park benches are surrounded by twinkling lights along with a big roaring bonfire. Skating rentals are available.
- Cross Country Skiing- With plenty of gentle rolling fields to choose from, Cross Country skiing is not only a terrific way to get in some exercise and fresh air, but to truly feel the majestic beauty of our mountain area.
- Winter Sleigh Rides-Travel back to the days of yore for an old fashioned sleigh ride. Experience a horse-drawn sleigh ride through the beautiful Amish country in Garrett County. Truly a magnificent experience for couples or for the whole family to enjoy! www.pleasantvalleydreamrides.com 1-301-334-1688
Indoor Activities- Outdoor winter games not necessarily your forte? Luckily, we still have plenty of activities for you to do. Nothing says "rest and relaxation”, like a spa excursion. For all of your pampering needs, head over to one of the local spas in the area. Want to spend as much time in your vacation home as possible? Again, no problem as some of the local massage therapist will bring their equipment to the home.
Spring In Deep Creek Summer In Deep Creek Fall In Deep Creek