The Top 10 Reasons to Choose Deep Creek Lake as Your Next Vacation Getaway!
1. The Weather! Besides enjoying fresh mountain air, we are the place to come to beat the scorching heat! Our temperatures tend to run approximately 10° cooler than surrounding cities (and with much less humidity as well!)
2. Swallow Falls State Park! Housing the largest waterfall in the state of Maryland, Swallow Falls State Park is a must see natural phenomenon for our area. With miles of mountain bike and hiking trails, it’s the perfect place to spend the day and enjoy Mother Nature!
3. Wisp Resort! In the winter season, it serves as the only ski resort in the state of Maryland but throughout the remainder of the year, it offers an abundance of cool activities for every one of all ages. (The mountain coaster is a must! You can control the speed, which is perfect for the daredevils that crave speed or you can go slow for those of us that like our pace a little more “tame”.)
|Zach @ Deep Creek State Park!|
4. We are kid friendly! Both Funland and Smiley’s Fun Zone are the perfect place to take the kids for the day. Both offer go-carts, miniature golf, arcade games and more! Hungry? Have lunch at Smiley’s or DC Pizza, which is attached to Funland.
5. The Adventure Sports Center International (ASCI)! This man-made river channel is the only mountaintop white water rafting course in the world. It’s ideal for beginners, families and paddling enthusiasts. Not sure if it’s your “thing”, they also manage Fork Run Recreation Area that offers over 500 acres of forest where guests can rock climb, hike, mountain bike, or take geocaching tours.
6. Festivities Galore! The Art & Wine Festival, The Highland Festival, The Garrett County Agricultural Fair, Octoberfest and Autumn Glory are just to name a few of the events that take place throughout the year in our area.
7. Fallingwater & Ohiopyle! Designed by America’s most famous architect, Frank Lloyd Wright, this home stretches over a 30’ waterfall and is a National Historic Landmark (so famous in fact that Brad and Angelina closed the place down a few years ago so they could take their own personal tour of the home!) Located approximately 35 minutes from Deep Creek, it’s a nice day drive for the family. While there check out the little town of Ohiopyle which offers white-water rafting and eclectic assortment of neat shops and restaurants.
8. Cranesville Swamp! Located near bordering West Virginia, this swamp is 1,600 acre preserve that is known as one of the last boreal bogs in the southern United States. Visitors can walk along the guided trails and boardwalk. Bird watching and nature lover enthusiasts will quickly fall in love the beautiful surroundings offered here.
9. Small town charm! Oakland, our county seat, is located a mere 15 minutes from the lake. Here visitors can stroll through downtown where they visit charming shops, antique stores and dining establishments. In the summer, guests can head over to the town pavilion where a local Farmer’s Market is set up. Fresh produce, Amish baked goods plus an assortment of crafts and other goods are available for purchase.
10. The Lake! Boating, fishing, jet-skiing, tubing, swimming, kayaking, and paddleboarding are all fun and exciting activities to do here at Deep Creek! Rent or bring a boat and spend the day zipping around the lake. Many restaurants have dock side dining for easy convenience. Surrounded by plush mountains, you will quickly fall in love with all that is Deep Creek!
Call us today at Taylor-Made Deep Creek Vacations (1-866-351-1119) or go online at www.deepcreekvacations.com to begin planning your future stay at Deep Creek Lake!