In its 13th year, the 2019 SavageMan Triathlon Festival is September 13-15. It’s a race that’s known for its beautiful scenery and intense challenges. Competitors swim, bike, and run to prove they have what it takes to tackle the most “savage” triathlon in the world!
The SavageMan Triathlon consists of three separate races and is exciting for spectators and competitors alike. Here’s what you need to know to make the most of your weekend:
• Most of the races begin in the morning with a swim at Deep Creek Lake State Park. The shoreline offers the perfect vantage point for spectators.
• After the swim, triathlon racers hop on their bikes to ride through miles of rugged terrain, rolling hills, and beautiful rural scenery.
• Saturday races include the SavageMan 20 and SavageMan 20/20.
• The SavageMan 80, 60 and 30 take place Sunday. Riders will be challenged by famous steep grades including the “Westernport Wall”. You will find crowds gathered there to cheer on racers as they tackle the 31% grade. The block party atmosphere of this location makes it a lively spot to watch cyclists.
• The final portion of many of the races is a run that leads them back to the finishline at Deep Creek Lake State Park.
Deep Creek lodging fills up quickly for this popular weekend. Whether you are participating in the race or simply coming for a lazy late summer weekend, be sure to search now for the best availability.