- Kelly B. from Fredericksburg, VA, Posted: 08/20/2018
This was a great place for a last minute rental needed for family coming in for a funeral. The place was immaculate, the beds comfy and was the perfect size for my cousins and I. Taylor Made was great working to find a place that would rent for only the 2 nights needed and left a very nice condolence card, very thoughtful and appreciated. Would recommend this rental without a doubt.
- Anonymous from Westerville, OH, Posted: 01/04/2018
We had a lovely family Christmas celebration at A Wonderful Place. The bottom bracket on the refrigerator door needs to be replaced. It limits fridge storage space. Cobwebs on walls, skylight windows and ceiling fans needed to be dusted, otherwise the home was clean.
- Ambrocio J. from Perry Hall, MD, Posted: 09/18/2017
just need to upgrade the water flow , was slow flowing when taking a shower.
- Craig C. from Olney, MD, Posted: 09/06/2017
Everything was great from the furniture to the grill. The only issue we had at all was trying to keep the water pressure up with too many people trying to shower at once. The fireplaces were nice in the unexpected chill of Labor Day weekend, and there was plenty of space so we didn't feel crowded with 8 people.
- Michael B. from PITTSBURGH, PA, Posted: 08/03/2017
Great location close to state park,where we docked boat
- Ed T. from Springfield, VA, Posted: 07/19/2017
We had a wonderful time at DCL. The accommodations were perfect for the 9 of us. Very clean and spacious. Kids (and some adults) had a great time on the raft pulled by 115 hp pontoon boat (although a bit pricey). A minor problem with downstairs shower (no hot water). Also, a groundhog home is under front stairs. We did not get a chance to use the hot tub (too tired). A bit put off by the extra charge for early check in since the rental was unoccupied the previous day.
- Anonymous from Winchester, VA, Posted: 02/08/2017
Does it get any easier!!!
- Anonymous from Westerville, OH, Posted: 01/18/2017
We have been coming to "A Wonderful Place" in the Deep Creek area for several years for our Christmas family gathering. Our extended family from Columbus, OH, Washington, DC, and Philadelphia, PA areas has concluded that this is a reasonable location to meet each year. The house and its amenities are always clean and well maintained for our purposes. We mostly bring our own meals and share preparations of them to every ones satisfaction. There are enough local attractions to meet our varied needs as well.
- Anonymous from Bowie, MD, Posted: 11/30/2016
Nice home looks small from the outside. Once you walk inside its like you hear music ahhhhhh. Very nice open kitchen. Could uae tvs in all the bedrooms
- Anonymous from OWINGS MILLS, MD, Posted: 11/08/2016
This was our 3rd time staying at the property. We have made great memories here. Each fall we convene for a weekend of fun and fellowship with friends and family. The house is stocked with most necessities and offers plenty of space for everyone to spread out.
- Mary Jane S. from Prince Frederick, MD, Posted: 10/20/2016
It was very easy to rent and the home was just as it was in the pictures.
- Christopher B. from Sandy Hook, VA, Posted: 09/21/2016
A group of us came in town to compete in the Savageman Triathlon Series. The house was very close to the race site and great for all. Every room has a queen bed and there are 4 bathrooms which was nice for privacy. We would surely come back and stay here again.
- Michael H. from Ellicott City, MD, Posted: 08/02/2016
Stayed at a Wonderful Place for a week in Mid-July. Nice place to vacation for a large family or small group if you don't care about being directly on the water. Easy access for boats and a swim with the park nearby. Kitchen could use an update and the outside of the house a power wash. Water quality would be better with a full house filter.
- Anonymous from Clayton, DE, Posted: 06/28/2016
We enjoyed are stay, however, we did not like the pocket doors on the bathrooms. Great location and a nice house overall.
- Pauline K. from Bevercreek, OH, Posted: 06/21/2016
This home is in a great location! It is very spacious with adequate maintenance. The rental agency was very responsive to our few problems. The view from the first floor of the lake is beautiful! Sunsets are perfect!
- Anonymous from Westerville, OH, Posted: 01/05/2016
We have vacationed in this property for several consecutive years. We find it meets our needs for our extended small four family group. This year there was a new couch in the large common family room which was appreciated by all. The dining area comfortably seats our group of eleven for meals.
- Anonymous from Glen Burnie, MD, Posted: 12/01/2015
We stayed for Thanksgiving and had a great time. The house was very clean and spacious. We had 5 couples in our group so there was enough room for everyone to have their own space. We would definitely stay here again. The only complaint we had was the stove. It's an electric stove and by us being there for Thanksgiving we did alot of cooking. So, needless to say, the oven didn't cook as fast as it should have or as evenly. Other than that the home is very nice and is the perfect location.
- Anonymous from Sharonville, OH, Posted: 09/15/2015
We have been here for 2 days for family gathering and loved this place.. For sure will visit again and recommend it to others.
- Duane P. from Baltimore, MD, Posted: 02/05/2015
Overall our stay was pleasant, the house is in a convenient location and the price was very reasonable. It flurried the entire time we were there totaling around six inches of snow which made our ski trip fantastic but presented our only issue with the house itself, we could not access the twin bay garage to park our vehicles so we had to clean them off each time we went out. The two gas fireplaces were a nice place to relax in the evening and the pool table and Foos ball table provided many hours of enjoyment for both kids and adults..
- Quiana W. from Owings MIlls, MD, Posted: 11/04/2014
This is our 2nd year at this home and it's always nice as usual
- Anonymous from Huntingtown, MD, Posted: 07/29/2014
Evaluation has been sent under separate cover.
- deborah s. from Glen burnie, MD, Posted: 05/06/2014
A Wonderful Place was just that Wonderful! The house had everything you can think of. We had an issue with the downstairs fridge and they came out and fixed it very quickly. We looked for a guest book to sign but we couldn't find one.
- Renae W. from Monogahela, PA, Posted: 03/05/2014
Truly a Wonderful Place had such a great time. Very helpful that all light switches were labeled :)
- Anonymous from Alexandria, VA, Posted: 01/05/2014
This is our second stay at "A wonderful Place"...and it again didn't disappoint. It has every amenity you can think of and a good layout! Very good experience!
- Anonymous from Westerville, OH, Posted: 01/02/2014
This is the second year that we have rented this property for our family Christmas celebration. We have already reserved it for next year. Although the owner reduced the number of chairs in the eating area from last year, the property management staff was able to bring sufficient loaned chairs to meet our needs. A malfunctioning coffee pot was also immediately replaced on day two. The ice maker in the refrigerator was not able to keep up with our need for cold drinks. All in all the minor problems were not deal breakers for our decision to return next year.
1. Beds were very soft - could have been more comfortable.
2. Basement had some smell. Carpet in the basement had markings of heavy traffic.
3. At least provide toilet soap in the bathrooms.
- VISHAL A. from South Riding, VA, Posted: 10/01/2013
Good layout. Good location. Good family/living area and lots of bed/bath space for the given price. Few things which were of concern are:
- Angie D. from Lemont Furnace, PA, Posted: 09/19/2013
This property was great! It had all the amenities to make our stay relaxing. I would highly recommend it!
- Anonymous from Balitmore, MD, Posted: 08/29/2013
It was a very nice place but the only thing is that I was in there my time being with no cable but it was very nice
- Kamran S. from Paeonian Springs, VA, Posted: 08/17/2013
- Eva S. from East Stroudsburg , PA, Posted: 07/16/2013
Decided to spend my 50th birthday with my family and this rental was a great idea. The home's location was perfect, quiet and serene, yet close to many stores and entertainment. Even though we had several days of rain , our overall vacation was fantastic. After having such a great time together, we have decided to make this a yearly family vacation.
- Robert A. from Allison Park, PA, Posted: 07/10/2013
1. It took phone calls on Monday and Tuesday to find out that the network security code needed for Internet service was the property phone number; the employee Monday answering the maintenance line did not know this.2. Broken pool cue and broken dining room chair were injury hazards; chair caused ripped jeans.Pluses--very clean, excellent location near Discovery Center, Garrett Hwy., Oakland. Survey could indicate voting by clicking stars--not self evident.
- Anonymous from Charleston, SC, Posted: 05/21/2013
The house was perfect for us because the main level had three bedrooms so there wasn't a need for one of the seniors in our party with mobility issues. The view was beautiful although we wish the back lawn would have been mowed. The house is beautiful but be careful when sitting on the couch because it may swallow you. Overall, I would definitely recommend this house. It is in a great location, quiet, homey feeling. Thanks for the great memories.
- Michael S. from Odenton, MD, Posted: 02/27/2013
We were in Deep Creek for a Special Olympics event. Taylor Made staff was excellent and the house was amazing. Will definitely be using their services next year.
- Anonymous from Westerville, OH, Posted: 01/01/2013
The kitchen had a faulty coffee pot which had a tendency to overflow. The sectional sofa in the main floor great room was not very comfortable and seemed to lack some internal support. The entrance foyer was a great benefit for the cold weather season. We also loved the large dining table which allowed all of our group to eat together. We were disappointed that the ice maker in the refrigerator was non functional. We plan to give serious consideration to return to your facility in the future.
- Monique B. from Springfield , VA, Posted: 12/09/2012
This was the first time I have ever rented a property and it was a GREAT experience. My family and I had a ball! Booking the property was so effortless. I called Customer Service numerous times asking the same questions multiple times and they were always courteous and knowledgeable. The property was more than I ever expected. It was a beautiful house and was equipped with EVERYTHING. We brought so many things we thought we would need but the property was already equipped with more than enough - dishes, glasses, cleaning supplies, linen, extra blankets, etc. They even had seasonings (that were probably left by previous guest). The only complaint (but not that big of a deal) was the refridgerator was not cold enough. The entire experience from booking the property to the end of our stay was excellent. We are already planning our next event. I would recommend Taylor Made to anyone.
- Quiana W. from Owings MIlls, MD, Posted: 11/14/2012
It was a great family experience. Had a minor issue, called the price as they came to fix it. Enjoyed the atmosphere here would definitely stay again!
- Lucretia C. from Joppa, MD, Posted: 10/30/2012
"A Wonderful Place" was a wonderful place to stay for 10 "seasoned" ladies visiting the Deep Creek area for a conference. Unfortunately, we couldn't get the fireplace to work or the DVR to work which was an inconvenience. Maintenance never responded. Other than that, it was A WONDERFUL PLACE!
- Anonymous from Germantown, MD, Posted: 06/19/2012
Overall this was a very nice home with plenty of space. The home was very well maintained. We had a good time. I didnt like that some of the closets were chain locked which gave me an unwelcoming feeling. Also the door ways were very narrow (not wheelchair accessible).
- Jarreau N. from Gwynn Oak, MD, Posted: 06/14/2012
Our stay was great, comfortable, and peacefull.
- Carlos G. from Zerwood, MD, Posted: 01/04/2012
- Anonymous from Gaithersburg, MD, Posted: 11/29/2011
Great location, wonderful house and definitely, a wonderful place.