- Anonymous from , , Posted: 08/08/2018
we enjoyed our stay.
- Gabrielle P. from Valencia, PA, Posted: 10/17/2017
We had a wonderful time staying in this house - The house was clean and tidy when we arrived. We were fortunate with beautiful fall weather, so we enjoyed the porch and outdoor amenities including the hot tub and fire pit in the evening. The only downfall is the minimal yard space - we were hoping to utilize our yard games, but didn't have much space. The porch, however, is very nice, just a very wooded lot with beautiful views.
- Anonymous from Front Royal, VA, Posted: 08/29/2017
I loved Cedarwoods. The only suggestion I have is that the pots and pans should be updated. Other than that. ..I would definitely stay there again.
- Anonymous from Hermosa Beach, CA, Posted: 01/02/2017
We needed extra bedrooms for our Christmas family reunion, and this was a perfect solution. It does not have a lake view (we knew that) but is in a private woodsy setting near a basketball court and hiking options. It's an easy drive to anything you need, including Wisp Ski resort.
- Kruti M. from Silver Spring, MD, Posted: 12/13/2016
We absolutely loved this place! It was so cozy and perfect weekend getaway!
- Ajesh J. from Sterling, VA, Posted: 09/12/2016
My family came here for Labor day vacation. We had a great time and it was in a great location that was near the lake and mountains. We loved the hot tub and management was great. There are a couple of improvements needed. The pool table sticks are in awful condition and there is no point playing with no sticks. The basement smell like mold and got people sick staying down too long. Overall we loved the house.
- Anonymous from Pittsburgh, PA, Posted: 08/02/2016
This was my 1st time here..I really enjoyed it..Quiet and peaceful area...Alot things to do that I didn't get to do..Which means I'll be back!
- Ariana G. from Ashburn, VA, Posted: 02/02/2016
We spent most of our time at Wisp, but the house was perfect for what we needed. Two families stayed in the house. The kids slept in the loft. Saturday night the adults were able to put the kids to bed and hang in the basement and play games & hot tub. The house was clean and warm and seemed well taken care of. We enjoyed our quick stay.
by the fireplace.
- Annamineka S. from Washington, DC, Posted: 12/20/2015
We had a wonderful stay at Cedarwoods. We enjoyed the hot tub and roasted marshmallow around the fireplace. my sister and enjoyed our birthday weekend in deep creek.
- Anonymous from Glen Burnie, MD, Posted: 11/16/2015
Great, nice, big, clean place.
- Dominique Y. from Frostburg, MD, Posted: 09/09/2015
Sensational. The beds were a little too firm for my liking but overall we had an amazing time at Cedarwoods.
- Colleen H. from Boonsboro, MD, Posted: 08/20/2015
Loved everything about our stay at Cedar Woods. Lovely home with all the amenities. Not a single complaint:)
- Anonymous from Kittanning, PA, Posted: 07/01/2015
We really enjoyed our stay. The house had plenty of space for all of to spread out or be very comfortable all together. The kitchen was well stocked with everything we needed. We really enjoyed out stay.
- Shiconia B. from Washington, DC, Posted: 04/02/2015
GREAT GREAT GREAT. I Can't wait to go back.
- Anonymous from Hilliard, OH, Posted: 02/26/2015
We had an excellent skiing weekend getaway at the Cedarwoods property. The cabin was extremely well kept, and very clean. The property was in excellent location to Wisp Ski Resort, and if it were the summer it was even closer to the lake. Our only issue was that it snowed heavily that weekend and our cars had a lot of difficulty making it up the hills in the development. However, we called the rental office and they quickly were able to get a plow truck and gravel spread on our roads! We will definitely be visiting a Taylor Made Property in the future.
- Domonique G. from Washington, DC, Posted: 02/10/2015
I had a great stay!!
- Shannon S. from Essex, MD, Posted: 01/01/2015
Very cozy home. My family and i loved it.
- chad s. from elizabethtown, PA, Posted: 12/02/2014
Had a great time.
- Anonymous from Ellicot City, MD, Posted: 08/12/2014
Cedarwoods had all that my family needed for a fun week - hot tub (which was well maintained), Wifi, pool table, ample sitting and dining spaces, gas grill, well equipped kitchen (even with coffee grinder!), tv's in every room. We enjoyed sitting on the back patio that backed to woods, watching deer and listening to birds. It was a short drive to all the places we wanted to go to (golfing, Deep Creek State Park, Swallow Falls State Park, New Germany State Park). Our only complaint (which may not bother many people) is that one of the beds had a very hard mattress - too hard for me, and the mattresses of the pull out sofas (there are two) had springs that could be uncomfortable for those who are sensitive. The many sofas and lounging chairs were very comfortable, as well as the other 2 beds. Thanks for a wonderful experience!
- Lindsay P. from Morgantown, WV, Posted: 07/31/2014
Great house great location had a wonderful time
- Patricia B. from Zelienople, PA, Posted: 07/22/2014
We had an adult family of six stay in this home. Its a very lovely, comfortable home~!We will definatly be back!
- Anonymous from Butler, PA, Posted: 07/22/2014
We had a great time! The home was clean the rooms were spacious. The staff was great. We had an issue with the hot tub and they set a repairman out right away to get us running again. It was very quiet and relaxing and some what secluded. The only thing I might suggest is a little more lighting out by the hot tub it's pretty dark at night and you can't see very well.
- Benjamin R. from Washington, DC, Posted: 07/08/2014
Generally a very nice house--good location, size, community. However, the quality of sheet, grill, kitchen utensils was quite low. An investment those items would have really improved our stay.
- Anonymous from Oconto, W, Posted: 06/24/2014
Perfect space for hanging out at night and for breakfast. Close to town and the lake.
- Darryl C. from District Heights, MD, Posted: 05/13/2014
Our group had a fantastic time. The home was great and the location was awesome. Everything was located near where we stayed and the overall service from the staff was outstanding. We are looking forward to coming again in the near future.
- Christina R. from Stewartstown, PA, Posted: 03/13/2014
First time to Deep Creek. Great house!
- Gretchen P. from Falls Church, VA, Posted: 01/22/2014
We had a great time. This house was a perfect fit for all if our getaway needs.
- Kathleen G. from Bentleyville, PA, Posted: 01/15/2014
The house was absolutely perfect! I will definitely make plans to return this summer and during the Christmas Holiday of 2014. We left with many long-lasting fun memories. If I could change one thing about my family and friends stay: I cannot think of one thing to change!!!
- Anonymous from Ellicott City, MD, Posted: 01/06/2014
This house was perfect for our weekend getaway with 3 families. Spacious and plenty of things to do in the house and close to Wisp. We had kids from infant - 6 yrs old and the house worked out great! Complaints: the drains upstairs were backed up and the queen bed in one of the bedrooms on the main floor needs to be replaced. It was sunken in the middle pretty badly and the box spring kept slipping off the bed frame.
- Charles C. from Columbia, MD, Posted: 12/02/2013
Beautiful cabin, great open spaces, and a variety of rooms for multiple families to be able to spend time together and have privacy
- Anonymous from Bird In Hand, PA, Posted: 09/15/2013
A wonderful relaxing stay. Very beautiful. ..
- Anonymous from Ligonier, PA, Posted: 08/26/2013
WE WERE NOT AT THE HOUSE VERY MUCH. WE SPENT MOST OF OUR TIME ON THE LOCAL GOLF COURSES AND RESTAURANTS.
- Mariano L. from Potomac, MD, Posted: 08/06/2013
Nice house, well equipped and well maintained.
- Jane M. from Severna Park, MD, Posted: 07/23/2013
Nice location on quiet road.
- Kimberly M. from Woodbridge, VA, Posted: 07/02/2013
We rented the home with our three daughters, our sister and sister in law. It was so wonderful. We loved the location and enjoyed the hot tub under the stars. The bar room downstairs was a great place to hang out and play pool with the kids, and the upstairs was a perfect "honeymoon" suite. The grill was too small for all of us (my only complaint), but the kitchen and dining room were big enough for us all to cook in together. Overall, it was just a great experience!!!
- Lauren W. from Export, PA, Posted: 06/27/2013
Great place to stay for a weekend away. Not right on the lake, but a short drive away!
- Anonymous from Hagerstown, MD, Posted: 03/12/2013
I have nothing but good things to say about my visit to deep creek. Everything was great. The only thing I would like to change is the ground treatment when it snows. When I arrived the roads we frozen solod. We almost couldnt make it to our rental property because the roads were all ice. Conditions were so bad I coouldnt put the,car in park because the car started sliding so you can imagine how important this matter is. Besides that everything was perfect. I didnt want to leave.
- Miguel M. from Alexandria, VA, Posted: 02/20/2013
This being my third time using TM Vacations I have to say they do not dissappoint. The house was in good shape and certainly very spacious. The only thing that was left wanting was a third bathroom and a functioning hot tub. It took two calls and two separate maintenance techs to come out to look at it to get it heating again. Aside from that, the house was great...loved the pool table!
- Anonymous from Tominium, MD, Posted: 01/23/2013
I was very pleased with the houses location. I feel the property was represented accurately on the website. Everything was very clean when we arrived. Check-in and check-out were easy and convenient. The location was great, in a nice semi-wooded neighborhood. The only problem I had with the property was the water situation. Water pressure was quite lousy for taking a shower, no one could be using any other water in the house at the same time. The last night there was no hot water, or even warm for bathing. This was a disappointment when you just want to take a shower after a long day. Yet, I do understand the house is probably on a well and these things happen...but, someone should look into that.
If there were any concerns, I would list the following: first, many of the dishes had been inadequately washed by previous guests, and they were unacceptable to use until recleaning occurred. Next, the jacuzzi upstairs did not work, which was disappointing, but we could live with that.
Overall, we are sure there are plenty of properties as nice or better than this, but nothing can compare to the GREAT work of Taylor Made to make any issues work smoothly for us!
- Thomas C. from Chestertown, MD, Posted: 12/30/2012
The two of us who stayed at Cedarwoods were so impressed by the fast, courteous, and efficient respose to any of our needs. Driveways were plowed, and when the water went out, someone came late in a winter storm to deliver water, so we could make it until the repairs were done the next morning. I will always choose a Taylor Made rental when we visit here again,
- Scott M. from Fort Ashby, WV, Posted: 10/02/2012
Had a great weekend! I t was our 16th wedding anniversary and couldnt have had a better place to spend it. Our best friends joined us the second night for a fire in the outside fire pit alongside the hot tub. The only thing I would be sure to fix i the outside lighting, especially on the steps and around the deck. Also, the pool table was nice but there were no cue sticks to play.
- The house was well located on the heights of Deep Creek Lake, a few minutes from the lake, restaurant and activities
- House was clean and well equipped. Everything was in functioning order including the hot tub. The towels were nice and fluffy!
- House was as described. The only (minor) minus is the 2 sofa beds in the loft are not very comfortable (slim mattress on which you can feel all the springs!) so if you plan to use those, you may want to bring an inflatable mattress instead or make a bed with the sofa cushions.
- Anonymous from Arlington, VA, Posted: 09/19/2012
We stayed at Cedar Woods for a long week-end in Sept'12. 6 adults friends aged 31-52.
- Anonymous from Allentown, PA, Posted: 08/28/2012
Overall the rental experience was good. The house was great, had a pool table and hot tub and plenty of space. Good location, close to restaurants. Had a dock slip but there was some confusion at the end of our stay and we did not have a place to dock our boat. Also, the grill at the property had much to be desired- just older and dirty. Overall we did have a great time staying at the house!
- Susan K. from Beaver Falls, PA, Posted: 05/30/2012
WE had a great time but it would have been helpful to know the property had no airconditioning. I had a friend with me that has MS and the heat over Memorial Day weekend was very high. The management company brough us extra fans and that was a big help but I would not have picked this house for her if I had realized it did not have air. Overall the house was clean and very nice we enjoyed out trip. Thank you!
The only downside was that we expected to be more remote and were surprised to find neighbors on all sides.
We loved Swallow Falls and also the hiking in Deep Creek Lake Park.
- Anonymous from Houston, TX, Posted: 04/16/2012
Very comfortable and family friendly home, made wonderful memories. Very happy Easter weekend with a one, four and six year old; they were awed that Easter bunny had tracked them all the way to Deep Creek Lake! :)
- David M. from Baltimore, MD, Posted: 02/29/2012
our hot hub had some issues but everything else was great
- Michelle H. from Ellicott City, MD, Posted: 02/14/2012
The house was very nice and well stocked with kitchen equip, games, wifi, and a computer. The two foldout couches are actually together in the loft which we didn't expect. They are both very uncomfortable and the loft is very open getting all of the noise from downstairs. The neighborhood is nice but they did a terrible job of plowing during weekend snow and we actually got snowed in with a 4-wheel drive SUV. If staying in Mountainside during snow beware.
football play-offs on TV, family and friends. A great weekend!
- John H. from Severn, MD, Posted: 02/06/2012
Beautiful snow cover, herd of deer in the woods, fire in the fireplace, tubing at Wisp,
- Troy C. from Dunkinville, PA, Posted: 01/12/2012
Did a long weekend getaway with my wife and we had an awesome time. The property was perfect in style and location. We had a blast but were in total relaxation at the same time. Spent time hiking at great trails followed by quiet relaxation back at Cedarwood. The really unique thing about this property, neighborhood and general area is it is perfect for couples but is also perfect for families and individuals.
- Kevin K. from Bel Air, MD, Posted: 01/04/2012
Such a lovely home! We had such a great time, we would definitely stay there again!
- Anonymous from Apex, NC, Posted: 11/28/2011
House was perfect for our group. Enjoyed the basement rec room.
- Jacqueline G. from Forest Hills, NY, Posted: 11/01/2011
The house was clean, very spacious, had a great layout.
- DARLINE C. from FORESTVILLE, MD, Posted: 10/07/2011
Other than the rain, it was a very nice and relaxing getaway. The home was beautiful but could use more up to date TVs. We couldn't locate the remote in order to play DVDs and the only tv that had a cable box was located in the living room.
- Anonymous from Monongahela, PA, Posted: 07/12/2011
Overall, we really had a great time while vacationing in Deep Creek at the Cedarwoods property. We experienced a few problems with the home while we were there, but upon reporting them to the property manager they were immediately taken care of. We had a very pleasant stay and would consider staying there again.
- Kenneth B. from Nottingham, MD, Posted: 06/21/2011
It was a great time. Everything was perfect. Thank you.
- Shelly H. from Baltimore, MD, Posted: 06/09/2011
The house & location was perfect, thank you!
- Jennifer J. from Keedysville, MD, Posted: 05/03/2011
Very comfortable, great house!
- James M. from Lost Creek, WV, Posted: 03/10/2011
the house was amazing could not have asked for anything to have been any better.cannot wait to come back again.everything was first class all the way
- Anonymous from aliquippa, PA, Posted: 01/17/2011
very punctual and accomadating
- Anonymous from Lothian, Maryland, Posted: 01/11/2011
Loved the game room and fire place.
- Anonymous from Blasdell, NY, Posted: 10/13/2010
What a great place for a relaxing vacation!! The Cedarwoods property was clean, spacious, upscale looking, quiet and in a great location. The property is neatly tucked away on the side of the hill and included many additions such as a hot tub, fireplace, pool table and many other games. Our group visited the Deep Creek Lake area just in time for their Autumn Glory fall festival which lasts several days and provides many fun things to do. In addition there are parks and boat rentals in the area. I would recommend this area and this house for anyone interested in a relaxing getaway.
- Gregory M. from Columbia, MD, Posted: 03/02/2010
Hot Tub was disgusting and looks like it had not been cleaned in a long time! Huge disappointment when we were really looking forward to getting in
- James S. from Annapolis, MD, Posted: 01/05/2010
The house was in excellent condition and the management personnel with whom I spoke were excellent. The pool table and hot tub were great features. Overall we were satisfied, but the beds/bedding were very poor quality and much of the cookware is far past its useful life (e.g., teflon coatings that are more than 1/2 scratched off pans). Also much of the cookware was dirty and had to be rewashed before use.
- Patricia P. from partlow, va, Posted: 10/13/2009
The kitchen floor was very dirty, and the down stair microwave was very dirty too. Also the washer and dryer didn't work very well and the down stairs tap player eats tapes ,the dvd play in one room didn't work. The up stair tub didn't drain. By the way the toilets were very dirty as well we would even sit on them .
- Jennifer P. from Rosedale, MD, Posted: 09/09/2009
The house is beautiful but we did not have a hot tub key upon arrival and the rental office was not open so we could not use it the first night we were there, the upstairs whirlpool tub is gorgeous but there was not enough hot water to fill the tub and the water was green. There was a virus on the computer but the rental office took care of that as soon as we reported it.
- Phil O. from Parkton, MD, Posted: 08/24/2009
Sadly, a nearby home was being power washed and having carpenter work done during our stay. This took 3 days. While the propery manager had no control over this, it was unfortunate. We were also disappointed at the level of sulfur/iron that was in the water.