All Earth Eco Tours
720 Morris Ave Friendsville, MD 21531
All Earth Eco Tours - Garrett County's oldest (since 2000) land and water nature oriented family adventure company. Phone 301-746-4083 or 800-446-7554. Website and tour schedule: www.allearthecotours.com.
5 Star Trip Advisor Rated and featured on Outdoors Maryland TV program, All Earth Eco Tours is focused on reconnecting individuals, families and kids with nature. Tours and programs take place in the parks, forests, nature preserves, undeveloped lakes and wild and scenic rivers of Garrett County. All activities are fun learning adventures that will have you returning again and again. Your expert kayak instructors and mountain guides share their enthusiasm and knowledge of the natural world with you to help your family get the most out of your mountain vacation. Reconnect, relax and rejuvenate in the peaceful and quiet places of Garrett County.
- The 4 hour gently paced Savage Reservoir Kayak Tour is the keynote adventure and takes place on a wilderness lake with bald eagles and no motor boats. The 3.5 mile long reservoir is situated in the Big Savage Wild Lands with new gorgeous views revealed around every bend. It's the perfect place to learn kayaking and is only 20-30 scenic minutes from Deep Creek Lake in the heart of the Savage State Forest and Maryland's highest mountains. Tour includes a nice picnic lunch, boats, equipment and expert guides. Truly a relaxing day surrounded by pristine mountains and peace and quiet.
- Swallow Falls Nature Walk or Cranesville Nature Preserve. 2 hours of exploration and discovery at two of the areas most beautiful and interesting natural locations. The perfect trip for newcomers to the area that want to learn the history and ecology of our area as well as get the inside scoop on the area in general from their guide. Most tours feature some off-the-beaten-path exploration to hidden areas and a look at the famous waterfall attractions (Swallow Falls) and unique northern boreal swamp (Cranesville).
- Certified Yoga instructors are sent to your lodging location to provide a yoga program that will have your group feeling rejuvenated and energized. Perfect for bridal retreats, corporate groups and other groups looking for a great activity that is guaranteed to refresh. All abilities and ages. We bring the matts and expertise.
- Family Riverwalk. This 3 hour walk into the designated Wild and Scenic Youghiogheny River Corridor is an easy trip for families of all ages and is even stroller friendly. Your guide shares with you the history and ecology of this wild place and you get to swim and relax at a gorgeous swimming hole. The Kendall Trail which follows an old logging railroad bed is rich in history and lore.
- Organic Farm Tours and a Farm Day Camp for kids. These farm programs are like no other and expose kids and families to small family farming and organic growing techniques and philosophies. The tours are custom scheduled 2 hour trips to Backbone Farm that has been featured in Mother Earth News. You learn about natural farming practices from seed to table and mushroom cultivation. The Farm Camp for kids is a four day, day camp that has way to many exciting and fun activities to list here.
- Nature Photography Field Workshops. These tours and learning workshops take place on a regularly scheduled basis and can be custom designed and scheduled. Locations vary but rest assured you will travel to the hidden gems of the area. Great for folks of all abilities these workshops are led by professional photographer and guide Crede Calhoun whose published credits include, Outside, Audubon, Ski Magazine, Canoe Magazine, Maryland Magazine, Mother Earth News, and National Geographic Traveller.
- Custom Adventures and Out-Of-The_Box and Into-The-Woods programs found nowhere else. Feature program is the Team Survivor adventure that includes problem solving, map reading, outdoor skill development, and group creativity and team work. Your 'Tribe' must complete a variety of tasks culminiating in the set up of a survival camp and development of a tribal mythology and identity. Super fun and super different. 3 hour versions for small groups and a full day version for larger groups that includes an organic food picnic!