The Reservation Specialist’s primary responsibility is to capture as many reservations as possible by utilizing effective selling techniques. This position books guest reservations, assists with guest relations, provides customer service, schedules services and performs other duties to ensure that guests are rewarded with an exceptional experience. In this position strong communication and telephone skills are essential including: a good telephone voice, proper English usage, and the ability to "project" oneself over the phone.
- Sales Skills – Establishes rapport and trust while identifying needs of others
- Customer Focus – Ability to anticipate, discover, understand and meet the needs of customers
- Strong Interpersonal Communication – Works well with others and resolves conflict with tact and diplomacy
- Attention to Detail – Successfully manages many small tasks / projects with an eye for details
- Flexibility –Is able to complete tasks in a changing environment
- Personal Energy – Exhibits passion for their work. Possesses a positive and upbeat attitude at all times
- Stress Management – Maintains focus and positive attitude amidst change or under pressure
- Initiative – Can work in a self-directed manner, using good judgment and driving toward shared goals
- Multitasker – Able to handle several things at one time.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or GED required
- 1-3 years business experience / hospitality industry a plus
- Proficient with using Microsoft Office Products, email systems and understands data entry
- Ability to use arithmetic skills, calculator by touch to accurately complete work and calculations
- Must have reliable transportation
- Ability to work flexible hours, weekend work required
- Personal knowledge of the communities in which our homes are located, restaurants, shopping, and guest resources
- Must be able to perform simple grasping, fine manipulation, and repetitive hand and arm movements frequently
- Must be able to bend, squat, crawl, kneel, push, pull, and walk on uneven surfaces on an occasional basis
- While primarily an indoor job, must be able to walk outside in a variety of weather conditions (rain, wind, snow, heat)
- Must be able to climb stairs both inside and outside and frequently lift 20 lbs. and occasionally up to 50 lbs.
HOW TO APPLY
Contact Christina Rodeheaver, 301-387-5999, ext. 1018 for more information. Submit application/resume to Chris@deepcreekvacations.com or to 35 Towne Centre Way, McHenry, MD 21541.