The Deep Creek Lake area is a great vacation spot for a girlfriend's getaway. In addition to tons of activities throughout all four seasons, you can rest easy knowing that you are in a safe area.
It is still important to stay aware when traveling, so here are a few tips we put together.
- Taylor-Made has a team of people that you can rely on for any questions or issues you have throughout your stay. Should a true emergency arise, you can reach a member of our staff after hours.
Because we are located in the mountains, cell phone service can be spotty. Ask a reservationist about the location of your home to get more info about service in that location and if not if there is a house phone available.
Make sure someone at home has your itinerary as well as the contact info for the company you are renting through.
- Consider purchasing travel insurance. It covers a variety of unexpected costs or situations that could arise.
- Stay in touch with someone at home. Schedule a regular time to check in with them.
- Don’t keep all of your money in one place.
- Bring a flashlight. This is a good item to have. A mini-flashlight will do.
- If you are hiking alone, carry a safety item that you are comfortable with.
- Use a selfie stick so that you don’t have to had your phone to a stranger to take your photo.
- Stop by the front desk to chat with the staff about getting around the area.
- When you are out exploring, don’t wear earbuds in both ears. That way, you can stay alert for cars or wildlife like deer.
- Drink in moderation. Taxi service is not available in this area, so be sure you designate a driver.
- Make sure your phone is fully charged when you go out to do activities or explore. You never know when you might need GPS or to make an emergency call.